Sunday, December 9, 2012

Booties and Vomit ... Furkid with no fur??

The worst feeling in the world is knowing that someone you love is in trouble and needs you by her side but you can't be there for her. That's how I felt when dad came home and told us furkids that mom was in the hospital and couldn't come home. He said there was something wrong and that she had to stay for a long time.

I tried several times to get to the hospital but dad kept saying they don't allow furkids in there ... What kind of horrible place is it to not allow furkids?! I tried to explain to him that mom needed me by her side but he wouldn't let me go to her. He even caught me when I tried to sneak into the car.

You see, mom has this thing people call "diabetes" ... It makes her smell like medicine all the time. Some of the other dogs who come play with us don't like the medicine smell but I think she just smells like my mom. Anyway, this "diabetes" thing caused some issues with her pregnancy and so she had to go live at the hospital for a few weeks.

Us furkids really missed her. We waited by the door but she didn't come. We waited by her car but she didn't come. We waited and waited for what seemed like forever!

After what seemed like the longest time in the world, dad didn't come home one day. He had gramma feed us and take us out for pottie breaks. He stayed and stayed at the hospital. He didn't come home for two days!! Then, when he did finally come home, he told us something that would change our lives forever ...

We had a new brother ... But he had no fur! What kind of kid has no fur? But he was having problems. His lungs wouldn't stay open and his kidney was swollen. He had to stay at the hospital for a while. Mom still didn't come home. Dad was gone for longer and longer. So far, this new brother didn't seem so much fun.

I didn't want things to change. I liked things the way they were. Life was good. We played, we hiked, we chased sheep. Why do all good things have to come to an end?

No comments:

Post a Comment